Tummy Tuck Baltimore
Top 5 reasons to have a tummy tuck
As a board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Schreiber has been performing tummy tucks in Baltimore at the Baltimore Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center for many years. He knows who is and who isn’t a good candidate for a tummy tuck in Baltimore MD. Women and men have been benefiting from and loving their results from Dr. Schreiber after he performs their tummy tuck procedures. Whether it’s loose hanging skin after childbirth or weight loss, a tummy tuck can help restore a flatter belly and more shapely figure. Patients see Dr. Schreiber for a tummy tuck for these five reasons:
- Loose abdominal skin after childbirth or weight loss
- Laxity or protrusion of the abdominal muscles
- Difficulty with exercise or intimacy
- Inability to wear tight fitting clothing or bathing suits
- Stretch marks and distortion of the belly button
Many women and men ask Dr. Schreiber what can be done to help restore their figure to the way it was before childbirth or the large weight gain and loss. A tummy tuck is a wonderful way to remove the excess, loose skin from the belly and flanks while tightening the abdominal muscles at the same time. Why get a tummy tuck Baltimore?
Here are the top 5 reasons to get a tummy tuck:
- Remove the excess hanging abdominal skin
- Tighten the abdominal muscles
- Restore an aesthetic appearance to the belly button
- Remove a significant amount of stretch marks
- Redefine the waist for a more aesthetic look
When is the right time to get a Tummy Tuck?
Women and men of varying ages and body types see Dr. Schreiber for a tummy tuck consult in Baltimore MD. If the tummy tuck Baltimore is for a woman after having children, then having it is right when she is finished with childbirth. Even though childbirth is successful after a tummy tuck, Dr. Schreiber recommends completing the childbirth process before having a tummy tuck. If the tummy tuck is for women and men who have lost a significant amount of weight, any time is good as long as their weight has been stable for at least 3 months. Losing more than 50 pounds after a tummy tuck may result in more loose skin that could require a second modified tummy tuck to help keep your figure. To see if you’re a good candidate for a tummy tuck in Baltimore, MD, look at the following questions and if you answer “yes” than a tummy tuck is right for you:
- Are you unhappy with the appearance of your abdominal area?
- Do you have loose, hanging abdominal skin?
- Do stretch marks affect the way you feel about your abdominal area?
- Is intimacy or exercise difficult because of the look of your belly?
- Do you find it difficult to find attractive clothing or bathing suits?
Answering “yes” to any of these questions most likely means that the appearance of your abdominal area is affecting the way you dress and feel about yourself. Therefore, it’s time to consider a tummy tuck or body contouring procedure.
Tummy Tuck in Baltimore with Minimal Scaring
Dr. Schreiber offers several different types of tummy tucks. Here are the 5 types of abdominal contouring offered by Dr. Schreiber:
- Mini tummy tuck – a mini tummy tuck involves the use of a small scar in the lower abdominal area to remove a small amount of skin underneath the belly button. Dr. Schreiber can also tighten the muscles in this area if required.
- Full tummy tuck – a full tummy tuck uses an incision that is slightly longer than the mini tummy tuck, but it allows Dr. Schreiber to remove a large amount of excess abdominal skin and it allows him to tighten the muscles along the entire length of the abdomen.
- Extended tummy tuck – when patients are concerned about their side waist or flanks in addition to the frontal abdominal area, Dr. Schreiber can extend the incision around the waist to help contour this area tremendously
- Circumferential tummy tuck – if the appearance of the entire mid-section bothers the patient, then Dr. Schreiber can perform a circumferential tummy tuck. This scar goes around the waist to the back, but it allows Dr. Schreiber to improve the appearance of the entire mid-section. This includes the frontal abdominal area, the waist, the flanks, and even the buttocks.
- Liposuction – when patients mostly have excess fat and minimal excess skin, Dr. Schreiber can use ultrasound-assisted liposuction to remove this excess fat. Even though no skin is removed, some patients do see shrinkage of the abdominal skin after this type of liposuction.
Recovery from a Tummy Tuck
Dr. Schreiber takes great care of his patients to ensure the best healing. He even provides his patients with his cell phone number to give them 24/7 access to him for any questions, comments, or concerns. The typical recovery from a fully tummy tuck is 1-2 weeks. This all depends upon the type of procedure performed. However, patients can usually drive after 1 week and even begin light exercises at 2 weeks. Comfort is very high on Dr. Schreiber’s list and he uses a very long lasting pain medicine called Exparel at the end of the procedure to help minimize any discomfort for several days afterward. Patient are also given an oral narcotic pain medication.
When it comes to purely cosmetic reasons for a tummy tuck, insurance will not cover the procedure. However, if you have a hernia or a large abdominal panniculous you might be entitled to insurance coverage for a portion of your surgery. Dr. Schreiber and his staff work very hard try and get a portion of your surgery covered if it is medically necessary. Because all insurance plans an policies are different, a consultation is required to determine your eligibility for this.